Friday, November 7, 2008

People

People are a lot like that good old saying, "You're damned if you do and damned if you don't". I was gonna say "Cant live with them, cant live w/out them" but this fits better. I wasn't always a social person, I used to prefer to sit in my room and read or play by myself. Now I find myself in constant need of people to socialize with. 
There comes a time in everyones life when they crave interaction with other people. Some people are always like that, others just go through social phases. And I suppose there will always be the crazy old man/woman who lives 50 miles from any other civilization in the woods with their 30 cats. 


There are always going to be people in your life who you get close to, that hurt you, very badly. Whether it be physically, by something they say, or do, or dont do, or simply because you love them so much but you cannot see them.

Now, I know what you are thinking, "well thats easy, just dont get close to people". But no one wants to be like the crazy cat lady who lives by herself in the woods, because that will essentially be what you become if you refuse to get close to anyones heart. People will eventually stop worrying, then stop caring altogether, except for those annoying kids who egg your house. you can never get away from those. We all know people like that, even though someone clearly wants to be alone, they go and bother them, because they are a fun and easy target. 

So now you ask. "well, what should I do then?" The answer really is just to accept that Life happens. You are going to get hurt, but once that happens what will you do? Withdrawing into yourself will drive you crazy in the end. You have to keep on Trudging. the only way to get rid of emotional hurt cause by people, is more people. The point of a friend is to support you when the world doesn't, to pick you up when you fall down, to make you laugh when you want to cry, to hold you tighter when you are falling apart, and if they can't make you stop crying, then they cry right along w/ you. 

I dont know how that was for my first entry. but i hope you liked it.